Hi,
Been testing Tanglu4 since August 2015. Out of curiosity, may I ask if a release date has been determined? Thanks for your excellent work.

One edit #2

Are we getting close to 4.0? I mean, does Tanglu release more or less frequently than Debian?

Afaik there are still some problems to sort out with Calamares and EFI. Furthermore KDE 5.6 isn't arrived. So I guess we will have to wait a while.
Bwt I saw your bug report concerning tethering with Android. I tend to say that Android could be the cause. I saw that ipv4 connection worked and ipv6 failed. Somewhere I read that dhcpv6 in Android still is not working. Maybe you could set the parameters for the network connetion via bluetooth and usb to ipv4 only and give it again a try.

Posted by @jpritikin

I mean, does Tanglu release more or less frequently than Debian?

Ouch :D Well, I hope we might be able to do a Beta release over Debconf, or shortly afterwards, and let it be followed by the final release.
I pinned down the latest EFI issue and will fix it shortly, KDE Plasma 4.6 has landed now, GNOME 3.20 will be there in the next few days.
There are some weird UI bugs in Plasma (locolor icons, weird font sizes, ...) which need to be sorted out though.

I've been using Tanglu 4 beta as my default OS for a few months now. It mostly works well. Care to provide an update on the progress toward a release? Thanks.

Posted by @jpritikin

I've been using Tanglu 4 beta as my default OS for a few months now. It mostly works well. Care to provide an update on the progress toward a release? Thanks.

The known issues are down to a size which makes a release very soon possible: http://qa.tanglu.org/debcheck/brokenpkg_amd64.html
We should also release ASAP, since the current stalled state is quite toxic for the project, and we need to start the new development cycle soon.
The only question is whether we should update Plasma to something more recent before releasing - doing so bears quite some risk to delay the release further, on the other hand we would ship with more recent software...

Great to hear some news since a long time.
I would vote for updating plasma to 5.8 which should be released today according to the schedule. This version is a long term supported (24 month) and I think debian will use it for stretch release.

One edit #9

Delayed and delayed. Is Tanglu a failed experiment? Should I go back to debian stable with some packages from testing? This thread for a Tanglu 4 release date has been ongoing for more than six months.